Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pull it GIRL!

Today is all about the burn of the PULL! You got it! Each exercise in the gym was a lovely pull on those arms and back muscles.  But first quick down low of the AM!

I had blood worked done this A.M. and couldn't eat or drink anything. Considering I went to bed at 9:30pm last night you can imagine when I woke up I was STARVING! To add to the stress it was the first breakfast back with the senior high students I work with. O.M.G if you are a southern you will understand how TOUGH this next statement was.... I get FREE yes you read it right FREE breakfast every Tues/Thur at Bojangles because of the size of our groups. All of our adults who volunteer do.  Our students get 20% off and a free Bo-Berry biscuit and I couldn't EAT this morning.  I have found that on these mornings I allow myself more food because I know that I am going to the gym since I get off a bit earlier to offset for early A.M.'s or games at night time.  Normally I don't eat lunch until I get home after the gym. That's normally a shake or just meat (like I had today yummy remember that chicken).  However, I gave my freebee to one of my students and I sat as each of them respectfully without rubbing it in ate there amazing hot biscuits.  Got in my car thankful I didn't break! It's BoJangles y'all! (haha). Went quickly to the doctor before a meeting. The lady taking my blood messed up so guess who had to have blood taken out of BOTH arms! I wasn't happy.  Got over to a meeting with one of my parents at a coffee shop and waited a few minutes for her to arrive.

PAUSE...

while I am waiting a truck delivering food hit a car and kept going. So I did what anyone would do and followed him, got his plate number, left a note on the car... which later led to me talking to the police. In which the police officer said " You are pretty awesome, not many people would go through that much trouble." I am glad I did. The poor guys car was an older man (65-70 yrold) who was working at the fresh market for a few hours a day to make the difference in money he lost last year in retirement. BOOM! You just never know! It felt good to do something right!

RETURN...

I must have screwed up this a.m. at coffee. I got a sugar free but my sugar after checking it was 298 when I got to work! MAN DOWN! (I did have some cheese, fat free yogurt, almonds while I saw the car getting hit).  Apparently my body doesn't even like sugar free and I knew better.

Had some cucumbers with garlic salt. If y'all haven't tried it do it the night before let it sit. You will wanna slap someone its so tasty! 

Here is the WORKOUT! Arms and Back (PULLING) best thing Dave ever taught me when we were training together was ALWAYS do the same motion. So don't go do pulling machines and pushing machines in the same workout.  Stick to the focus group you are working with.

35 min walk workout legs 

Row 55x10 40x10 25lbx 10 (machine)
Rear Delt (pulling) 55lb x10 40lbx10 25lbx 10 (machine its the on that is Row/Rear together)

Pull down -70lb x 10 55x10 40x10

Dip/chin 70lb assisted pull (will kill you at first)

Arm extension 40lbx5 30x5 20lbx20 (multiple machine you can change out equipment)

Row 50lb x20 30lbx10 20lbx10 (multiple machine you can change out equipment)

25 assisted push ups (it's okay to not go all in basically a girl push up)
25 wall push ups (find a wall and PUSH)
10 diamond wall push ups

7 minute yoga cool down. (they have apps for that)


As of now my sugar sits at 144. WOOT WOOT and its date night for this chick! Night something more active.. BOWLING.  

Have a great evening y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment