Monday, January 5, 2015

First day is TOUGH...

I am not kidding you when I say the first day back to streaked eating is TOUGH!! Why? Because every little bit of sugar is calling your name.  The dots leftover on my desk from pre-christmas are gonna have to find a NEW home!  So my day was rather interesting. I woke up with sugar level at 198 (TERRIBLE y'all) thought by having my low cal high protein shake this A.M. I could get it down! Ha! Not the case at all! I felt weird round 11:00am so I ate my cheese and check my sugar 298. Which mean't after about 40 mins of my shake my sugar was in the good ole 300's.  Crazy right? What in the world.. at this point frustrated from the high levels, 1000s of emails that came in while gone most of which where JUNK mail and the roofers above my office I was just flat out peed off!

I took action! Grabbed this 32 oz beauty:
Here's the deal! Everyone thinks that when your sugar is high you should eat peanut butter! NO NO NO!! Don't do it! For anyone trying to lose a pound something that is SO important for you to know is this.... Are you READY? CALORIES turn INTO sugar! So when your trying to pick that awesome snack! Stop worrying about the fat in take, focus on whats "good" about the snack.

My check list is this:
Does it have a lot of carbs?
Does it have a lot of sugar?
How many proteins does it have?
How much fiber does it have?
Lastly normally the deal breaker in my food relationship... how many CALORIES?

If you follow these simple questions then your snack guessing won't be very hard! I decided finally at 1:00pm I was starving so I popped in this amazing pre-meal:
oh was it just de-lish! Here's the deal my sweet readers... HIGH protein... low carb (okay I needed some ketchup! ha) which meant DOWN you go sugar! After this meal I waited about 45 mins-hour and checked my sugar again. 234... Lord HELP me! No fruit like I had planned and MORE water! Here's the down side for a diabetic. Two ways you can bring sugar down is drink more water and exercise. Goodness I already pee a 1000 times today. Add 3-32 ouch bottles and 1 18 oz unsweet tea and I am still peeing at 6:50pm. I might add I am now on my 6th 32 oz bottle!

It was GYM time!! Sugar 245 popped up a little with my almond snack not much however! Remember PROTEIN and FIBER are your FRIENDS!

Here's my workout: If you don't understand ask!! My rotation for lifting takes about 45 minutes! TAKE YOUR TIME! Feel the BURN its a good thing! cool down walk and stretch is about 15 minutes

SO HERE is the COOL picture I get to SHOW and BRAG about:

BOOM!! And that my friends is why Diabetics WORKOUT!

Last thing for this evening! Pick your night time battles!! Here is my dinner:
If you go workout! Don't give up what you did!! I will admit sometimes I workout just to eat! But this right here is on point! Fresh veggie.. The pork I made FULL of PROTEIN.. milk and cheese is my real FAT and both have..... PROTEIN you got it! Don't overload your dinner with carbs. That junk SITS in your belly until you move again!

ENJOY! Keep working towards that promise or GOAL no matter what it is that you have set for yourself!!

POST WORKOUT SELFIE :) Hey Snap Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment