Monday, January 12, 2015

AD Palmer

Alright! I did GREAT for breakfast and lunch.. Had my bags in my car for the gym but when it was time to go I was itching so bad all over (reaction from new meds) I decided to come home. The rain made it a much easier decisions as well. A good shower can do wonders on the mind. So tonight I am going to share a twist on a sweet treat.

Being that I am southern ill give you ONE guess of something I LOVE.......
SWEET-TEA 
Of course being a diabetic means I let go of that love about 2 years ago! I haven't much turned around again for it since the day I was told NO more! Actually, now I find sweet-tea way to over powering on my taste bugs.  One thing I have missed was a good Arnold Palmer. At the bagel factory they have one not sure who its made by but its incredible.  Best treat I could get with a bacon and cheese bagel. However, at 230 calories..like 40 carbs and 30 sugars.. that just wasn't an option for this gal. Here is my little trick! 2 bags of tea (your choice) and a large 8 cup pack of Crystal light.

Make your lemonade first and fill half way up (don't use more then suggested 8 cups, you will mess up the taste). Boil 4 cups of water and place your 2 tea bags in. Let it sit about 20 minutes then pour into the lemonade.  Now here is my grandma's secret on the perfect not too tart lemonade.....

VANILLA!!
Place a cap full in your mixture. Close the lid and give it a little shake or stir.  You can't go wrong! You won't need any kind of sweetener with this amazing drink. TRUST me! 

Enjoy the AD Palmer! 10 calories for the ENTIRE continuer, meaning all you water haters are just drinking flavored awesomeness (can be caffeinated by your tea so skip the soft drink with all those food dies and artificial sugars). NO SUGARS, NO CARBS!

BOOM! HAPPY DIABETIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment